Applying for Child Allowance (Jido teate)

June 15, 2016

1. What you need 

・A “Child Allowance Present Circumstances Form”(Jido teate genkyo todoke)

・A copy of your “Health Insurance Card” (Hokensho)

Those enrolled on the national pension only/Those not enrolled on a pension


Only need to submit the “Child Allowance Present Circumstances Form”

2. How to apply 

Send your application by post or take it directly to the Child and Domestic Affairs staff of the Public Health and Welfare Services Division of your nearest ward office.

3. Deadline

June 30th, 2016

If any of the below 1)~4)apply to you、additional items may be required to apply. Please inquire at your nearest ward office.

1) You and your child live at different addresses

2) The child is not your child

3) The child is studying abroad

4) You started living in Kitakyushu after January 1st, 2016

*If any of the articles 1) ~ 4)apply to you, you cannot apply by post. Please take your application directly to the ward office.

<Ward Office Address/Telephone Number Information>



Telephone Number

Moji Ward Office

1-1-1 Kiyotaki, Moji-ku


Kokurakita Ward Office

1-1 Ootemachi, Kokurakita-ku


Kokuraminami Ward Office

5-1-2 Wakazono, Kokuraminami-ku


Wakamatsu Ward Office

1-1-1 Hamamachi, Wakamatsu-ku


Yahatahigashi Ward Office

1-1-1 Chuo, Yahatahigashi-ku


Yahatanishi Ward Office

3-15-3 Kurosaki, Yahatanishi-ku


Tobata Ward Office

1-1-1 Senbo, Tobata-ku


*Please contact your nearest ward office if there is anything you don’t understand or you require any further information

List of Topics

Some documents on our site are in the PDF format. For viewing them you need the “Adobe Reader” software (available for free) by Adobe Systems. You can download it from the link below. Download Adobe Reader (External link)

Contact us

Contact Form or E-mail Address:

As for access at here, please check.

Kitakyushu International Association

Kurosaki 3-15-3, Yahatanishi, Kitakyushu-shi ComCity 3F
Opening hours: 10:00am–7:00pm
Closed: Every Mondays, and 12/29–1/3
PH : 093-643-6464
FAX : 093-643-6466
PH: 093-643-5931(10:00am–5:30pm)