Frequently Asked Questions

Q1. What kind of organization is the Kitakyushu International Association?

A1. The Kitakyushu International Association is an affiliated organization of Kitakyushu City, and has been established as a public interest incorporated foundation, engaging in activities aimed at “fostering multicultural communities and individuals for a globalized world”.

Q2. How do I volunteer?

A2. Please refer here (Japanese) for current volunteer openings.
Besides the above, the various Japanese language classes conducted by volunteers in Kitakyushu may occasionally recruit volunteers. Please contact the respective class representative directly for more details.

Q3. Where can I learn Japanese?

A3. Feel free to consult with us, and we will recommend a class that best suits your needs, either from our range of classes that we conduct or those that are conducted by volunteers in Kitakyushu.

Q4. How do I change the status of my residence /extend the period of my stay?

A4. The necessary procedures have to be conducted at the Immigration Services Agency of Japan office closest to your residence. Immigration and visa consultation is held on the 2nd Saturday of every month at the Kitakyushu International Association. Please contact the Kitakyushu City Information Center for Foreigners for more information.

Q5. What do I need to do to register my child for nursery? How do I separate and dispose of the different types of rubbish? How do I apply for divorce? I’m troubled with a certain issue, what do I do?

A5. Please contact the Kitakyushu City Information Center for Foreigners. The Center is a place where foreign residents of the city can freely consult on any issue that concerns them. When you are unsure of where to go and what to do, just need someone to hear about your troubles for some advice, are facing a complicated problem, or other issues, our consultants will recommend the most appropriate action. When necessary there may be a need to connect you with the appropriate depatment at the ward office. Psychological counselling, legal consulation and the such may also be recommended.  

Interpretation service available upon request for the various consultation services and for communication at the ward office etc. 

Interpretation is available in English, Chinese, Korean, and Vietnamese. Please contact us for more details, and also for interpretation support in other languages.

Contact Us

Please use the Inquiry Form, or contact us using the details posted below.
Click here for location details.   

Kitakyushu International Association  

COM CITY 3F, 3-15-3 Kurosaki, Yahatanishi-ku, Kitakyushu City, Japan 806-0021
Operating Hours: 9am – 5.30pm
Closed: Sunday, national holidays, year end and new year holidays (December 29 – January 3) 
TEL : 093-643-5931
FAX : 093-643-6466

Inquiry Form

Your email address is required.
We will not be able to reply your inquiry if you do not input your email address.